Monitoring of System – No Expectation of Privacy:
All Town computer systems are subject to monitoring at all times to assure proper functioning of the systems, to provide security for the computer system’s operation and information contained, to prevent unauthorized use, and to deter and investigate violations of law. There is no reasonable expectation of privacy in the use of this public computer system or website.
Communications to the Town:
Communications to the Town via this website shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal or official notice to the Town of Marion, its agencies, departments, boards, officers, employees, representatives or agents with respect to any existing, pending or future claim or cause of action against the Town of Marion or any of its agencies, officers, employees, representatives or agents where notice is required by Federal, State or local law. Nor shall communications to the Town via this website be deemed to constitute legal or official notice for any other purpose.
Policy on Website Links and Information:
The purpose of this website is to provide information about the local government, local governmental services, and local governmental attractions. This website may provide links to websites outside the locality’s website that also serve this purpose. The Town is not responsible for and does not endorse the information on any linked website unless the Town’s website states otherwise. The following criteria will be used to decide whether to grant requests for Town website links. If a particular request does not fit any of the following criteria, the local authority will decide whether to approve the request. The local authority may in its sole discretion approve the requested website link if it serves the general purpose of the Town’s website.
The Town’s website may in the Town’s sole discretion provide links to websites for:
- Local governmental and local educational institutions;
- Local organization with some relationship to the Town (including but not limited to: organizations contracting with the Town, organizations sponsoring Town activities or programs, and organizations participating in municipal activities or programs);
- Generally recognized municipal community organizations (committee, boards, volunteer organizations).
The Town’s website will not provide links to websites for:
- Candidates for local, state, or federal offices;
- Political organizations or other organizations advocating a position on a local, state, or federal issue;
- Corporate or other for-profit organizations unless they fit any of the criteria stated above;
- Individual or personal homepages.
The Town reserves the right in its sole discretion to deny any requested website link and to modify this policy at any time without notice.