MARION RESIDENT BEACH/PARKING PRIVILEGE STICKER & GUEST PASS REQUIREMENTS
Beach/Parking Privilege Stickers (for beaches and parking) will be available at a cost of $ 10.00 per sticker during the first week of January. Beach/Parking Privilege Stickers for residents over 70 years of age will receive ONE issued at no charge. Payment is to be made by cash or check made payable to the Town of Marion. Vehicle registrations will be required for every sticker and proof of residency** will be required if the Marion address is not on the registration; please see policy for more information. Stickers must be applied to the front, lower left corner of the driver’s side windshield. Stickers are valid only for the vehicle to which they are issued and are not transferrable.
The Beach/Parking Privilege Sticker is not valid at the Marion Transfer Station at Benson Brook Road. In order to access the Transfer Station a different sticker is required at a cost of $50.00 ($40.00 for residents over 70 and Military Veterans) and is valid from January 2021 until December 2021. Proof of residency is required.
1. Beach/Parking Privilege Stickers may be denied to any party who has neglected to pay taxes, fees, assessment, betterments or other municipal charges for not less than a twelve month period.
2. Residents will be required to provide current vehicle registrations bearing a Marion address for every sticker obtained. If the Marion address is not on the registration (such as a lease vehicle or address has not been updated) then proof of residency must be provided.
3. Residential property owners that are seasonal residents will be asked to provide their property tax bill, a valid driver’s license and current vehicle registration.
4. Year-round and winter (9 month) renters will be required to provide a valid lease showing lease dates from landlords (and/or other proof of residency), as well as a current vehicle registration, for each sticker obtained.
5. Beach/Parking Privilege Stickers will not be issued to Short Term Renters. A Short Term Renter is defined as someone that rents a house for vacation purposes. A Short Term Renter will be able to access Silvershell Beach, Island Wharf, Old Landing (excluding use of the boat ramp) and on street parking with a Guest Pass that the Homeowner has purchased.
6. Beach/Parking Privilege Stickers will not be issued to landowners unless a current building permit has been obtained.
7. Replacement Stickers: Replacement Beach/Parking Privilege Stickers will be issued at no cost if old sticker is returned to the town. If the old sticker is not returned a Replacement will be issued for the cost of the original sticker.
8. Guest Passes: One per Marion residence may be purchased for the fee of $ 35.00, upon proof of residence, to the property owner only. Renters may not purchase the Guest Pass. The pass is transferable from vehicle to vehicle, must be displayed on the dashboard and is not replaceable. The pass is valid from January 1st through December 31st. The pass is valid at Silvershell Beach, Island Wharf, Old Landing (excluding use of boat ramp) and for on-street parking. Pass is not valid at Planting Island Beach.
9. Beach/Parking Privilege Stickers are available by mail. Please enclose a copy of your registration, proof of residency and payment. A stamped, self-addressed envelope is required.
**The proof of residency that will be accepted is a property tax bill, a utility bill and/or a valid driver’s license showing the Marion address.
Approved by Marion Board of Selectmen: October 6, 2009, Revised January 2010, Revised March 20, 2018, Revised December 3, 2019
Revised June 17, 2021