|Residents of Marion, Mattapoisett, & Rochester only||$25.00|
|30-Day Non-Resident (paper permit, no button)||$25.00|
Commercial Permits: Marion & Rochester Residents Only
|Commercial Shellfish (available Jan. 1st thru March 31st):|
Includes: Scallop, Oyster, Quahog, Eel, Slipper Shell, & Whelk
|Commercial Jr. Quahog||$50.00|
|Commercial Scallop (purchased Jan 1st to March 31st)||$150.00|
|Commercial Scallop (purchased on/after April 1st)||$300.00|
|Commercial Slipper Shell||$100.00|
|Commercial Eel w/ another commercial shellfish permit||No Fee|
|Commercial Eel w/o another commercial shellfish permit||$25.00|
Shellfish Residency Requirements
- Resident shellfish licenses may be issued to permanent residents or summer residents who can provide proof of residency and own taxable real estate with a dwelling in the Town of Marion.
- Thirty (30) day non-resident licenses may be issued to temporary, non-resident visitors.
- Non-residents may purchase a Family Shellfish Permit for an annual fee of $120.00.
- Permanent residents of Mattapoisett or Rochester may purchase Marion Resident Shellfish Permits.
- Residents of Marion and Rochester (for more than six (6) months) are eligible to purchase Commercial Shellfish Permits.
- Applicants must prove resident status
- Licenses become invalid if residency is terminated.
- *Persons applying for licenses must appear in person and have a current driver’s license or other means of positive identification and proof of residency (if requested).
Senior Shellfish License:
- Must be 70 years of age.