Marion Resident Privilege Sticker Requirements:
Privilege stickers will be available at a cost of $10.00 per sticker during the fist week of January. Stickers for residents over 70 years of age will be issued at no charge. Payment is to be made by cash or check made payable to the Town of Marion. Proof of residency and vehicle registrations will be required for every sticker. Photocopies of registrations will be accepted. Stickers must be applied to the front, lower left corner of the driver's side windshield. Stickers are valid only for the vehicle to which they are issued and are not transferrable. There will be no exceptions.
- Privilege stickers may be denied to any party who has neglected to pay taxes, fees, assessment, betterments, or other municipal charges for not less than a twleve month period.
- Residents will be required to provide current vehicle registrations bearing a Marion address for every sticker obtained.
- Summer residents will be asked to provide their property tax bill, a valid driver's license, and current vehicle registration.
- Year-round and winter (9 month) renters will be required to provide a valid lease showing lease dates from landlords, as well as a current vehicle registration, for each sticker obtained.
- Property owners who rent their homes for 9 to12 months will not be eligible for Privilege Stickers. Stickers will be issued to the renters only.
- Privilege Stickers will not be issued to landowners unless a current building permit has been obtained.
- Guest Passes: One per Marion residence may be purchased for a fee of $35.00, upon proof of residence, to the property owner. The pass is transferrable from vehicle to vehicle, must be displayed on the dashboard and is not replaceable. The pass is valid from January 1st through December 31st. The pass is valid at Silvershell Beach, Island Wharf, Old Landing (excluding use of boat ramp) and for on-street parking. Pass is not valid at Planting Island Beach or for the transfer station.
- Replacement Sticker: Replacement stickers will be issued at not cost if old sticker is returned to the town.
- Stickers are available by mail. Please enclose a copy of your registration and payment. A stamped, self-addressed envelope is requried.
Approved by Marion Board of Selectmen
October 6, 2009, Revised January 2010