Please be advised that the Building Department (Beach/Parking and Transfer Sticker Purchases) will be closing at 3:45 pm. Monday through Thursday and at 2:45 pm on Friday beginning January 5 until further notice.
Online Permitting Now Available - To Complete a Building Permit Application Online View "Online Permitting".
Marion's Building department is responsible for administrating the General Laws of Massachusetts State Building, Electrical, Plumbing, and Gas codes, Architectural Access Board regulations, and Town of Marion Zoning Ordinances as they relate to land use, construction, occupancy, and demolition of buildings and structures.
The Department's primary goal is to protect the public's life, health, safety, and welfare as it relates to the construction and occupancy of buildings. We ensure that all construction, reconstruction, alterations, and repairs conform to the requirements of the State Building, Electrical, Plumbing, and Gas codes and the Town of Marion Zoning Ordinance by conducting annual inspections on specified use groups in existing buildings.
- How are electrical permit fees calculated?
- How much is the fee for a water heater?
- How much will my permit cost?
- What happens if I do work without obtaining a permit
- Do I need to obtain a building permit?
- The Building Commissioner has made a determination with which I disagree. Can I appeal his decision to the Zoning Board of Appeals?
- What can I expect if I need to request a hearing?
- I understand that my lot is non-conforming and that I need to obtain special permission from the Zoning Board of Appeals to proceed with my project. What does this mean?
- Is my lot non-conforming? What does this mean?
- If I don’t have a plot plan, where can I get one?
Robert GrilloBuilding Commissioner/Zoning OfficerPhone: 508-748-3555
Anne Marie TobiaBuilding Department ClerkPhone: 508-748-3516
Building DepartmentPhysical Address
Marion Town House
2 Spring Street
Marion, MA 02738
Marion Town House 2 Spring Street Marion MA 02738
Phone: 508-748-3516Fax: 508-748-3534
Hours of Operation
Monday through Thursday
8 am to 4:30 pm
8 am to 3:30 pm